Moving to Tunisia: everything you need to know!

 

The sun, the almost white beaches with a 300-day bathing season, the spices and a unique and inimitable culture. We are talking about Tunisia, a land to be discovered! Currently it has become a very popular destination for both young people and especially for the elderly, because, especially for civil servants, allows you to receive the pension totally tax-free. But Tunisia is not just that. Whether you simply want to spend time away from the daily routine or you want to buy a property in Tunisia, the solution is only one, and it is right in front of you! Well yes, even today, we at Realigro have created a guide tailored to you and your needs as a traveler or potential citizen. So, leave atlases, maps and calculators because all the information you need, we will serve you now! So, let's get started!

You know us now, so let's start with a bit of history of this country (also because it is really worth it!). Since 
It was prehistoric, Tunisia was inhabited by Berber tribes, later subjected to the rule of the great Roman Empire, and then give way to the Turks in the seventh century, who have passed on the traditions and culture currently in force in this country. Currently, in fact, this land is crammed with symbols of Byzantine art and Islamic religion. In 1956 it became a Presidential Republic with its own Constitution and, since then, the rights and freedoms of citizens have been guaranteed, without distinction of gender.

                                              

               

From a geographical point of view, the national surface is particularly desert for 40% but the remaining 60% of the territory is very fertile. Trade therefore makes use of products derived from the primary sectors, widely exported to all other countries. The Tunisian climate is wonderful to say the least. Along the northern coast is mainly Mediterranean, and then turn into desert in the central area. Temperatures range from a minimum of 16 degrees in winter to a maximum of 33 in summer.

From the point of view of landscape, Tunisia boasts about 8 world heritage sites recognized by UNESCO including: the Medina of Tunis, with over 600 monuments including palaces and majestic fountains and the famous National Park of Ichkeul which houses the lake of the same name.

Let's talk now about how you can reach this destination. Tunisia has five airports, which operate daily international flights.

As for the health facilities, there are about 250 public and private health facilities on the territory with very low costs and highly qualified staff. Healthcare has become a particularly powerful economic sector.

Let us now turn to the tax breaks that can be enjoyed in this state. Taxes are very favorable and exempt from tax for 80% of income, while the remaining 20% applicable is reduced by 16% if there is the situation of "dependent spouse".

But how do you live in Tunisia? Although it belongs to Africa, it is quite open to international relations, and it is absolutely not fundamentalist. Compared to many other neighbouring countries, in Tunisia it is possible to buy alcohol everywhere and women study and dress Western-style. 

How much does it cost to buy a property in Tunisia? It should be pointed out that foreigners are allowed to buy a property in Tunisia, unlike agricultural land, which is leased. The capital, Tunis, is particularly popular, but also Hammamet, on the coast, is a good alternative. Prices start from 700 euros per square meter for the most luxurious villas, but you can also find properties at much lower prices.

We hope that this guide may have been useful for your trip to discover the beautiful and exotic Tunisia!

Moving

Move to Perù                                          Move to Philippines                        Move to Thailand

Move to Morocco                                   Move to Tunisia                             Move to Malaysia

Moving to Lousiana                              Move to Puerto Rico                      Move to Brazil

Move to Madagascar                               Buying a property in a paradise ?                 5 best American states to move

 

 

Related Insights

  •  
    Moving to Tunisia: everything you need to know!

      The sun, the almost white beaches with a 300-day bathing season, the spices and a unique and inimitable culture. We are talking about Tunisia, a land to be discovered! Currently it has become a very popular destination for both young people and especially for the elderly, because, especially fo ...

Real Estate Listings

Cod. 40347

For sale Farmland, Tunisia, Nabeul, Soliman, menzel bouzelfa

734,266.00USD
For sale
Farmland

81500 m²
For agricultural promoter (s), Tunisian investor (s) and / or foreign (s) FOR SALE Farm / Citrus Senia of 8.15 hectares with 1'800 fruit tree...
Cod. 40147

For sale Villa, Tunisia, Hammamet, Hammamet, hammamet nord

76,979.50USD
For sale
Villa

80 m²
I sell a pretty independent villa extended on a 500 square meters plot with garden and garage just 15 minutes by car from the splendid sea of Hammamet...
Cod. 39776

For sale Villa, Tunisia, Monastir, Monastir, Rue Mohamed Salah Sayadi

254,624.50USD
For sale
Villa

230 m²
Detached villa..on two levels..ground floor with large open plan lounge with dining room..kitchen and bathroom ... first floor.3 large bedrooms then b...
Cod. 39450

For sale Manor Farm, Tunisia, Manouba, Tebourba_Manouba, Chouigui Tébourba

1,421,160.00USD
For sale
Manor Farm

240000 m²
For sale an exceptional farm of 24 hectares very well distributed, located 40 km from Tunis. Served with an asphalt road to the entrance of the farm. ...
Cod. 39269

For sale Villa, Tunisia, Tunisi, Marsa, La Marsa Al Tabag, Tunis, Tunisia

177,645.00USD
For sale
Villa

0.09 m²
**BEAUTIFUL HOUSE ABROAD IN TUNIS, LA MARSA TABAG, PRIVATE GUARDED NEIGHBOURHOOD & BIG GARDEN ** Price: €150,000.00 *PRICE NEGOTIABLE* - MUST be pa...
Cod. 39210

For sale Terraced House, Tunisia, Tunisi, hammam lif, Rue Bechira Ben Mrade, 13

Reserved negotiation
For sale
Terraced House

164 m²
Semi-detached villa excellent seafront location built in 1926 in Italian style recently and completely restored renovated in Mediterranean architectur...
Cod. 39194

For sale 3 Bedrooms, Tunisia, Tunisi, hammam lif, rue bchira ben mrad

Reserved negotiation
For sale
3 Bedrooms

150 m²
1926 house built by Italians in stone two entrances independent sea front well restored excellent conditions possibility to build other floors
It is a free two-roomed flat on a main road, convenient and practical, just a few meters away is the sea and carrefour, behind it there is a small mar...
Cod. 37992

For rent 2 Bedrooms, Tunisia, Nabeul, Nabeul, Cité El Wafa

438.19USD
For rent
2 Bedrooms

80 m²
Anisi parking place guarded and secure with remote control
Cod. 37976

For sale 5+ Bedrooms, Tunisia, Ariana, el menzah 4, rue ibn bassem menzah 4

154,142.42USD
For sale
5+ Bedrooms

200 m²
1622/5000 n Spacious apartment of 200 m 2 (s + 4) located on the third floor, in excellent condition with title deed Visit by appointment for seri...
2005-2020 REALIGRO REAL ESTATE LTD. All Rights Reserved - VAT Nr: 893969932
Neikos Digital Agency
  1. Preferences

    For a better use of Realigro website, set your preferences for language, currency, square meters or sq ft.

    Set now Don't show again
BB